Friday, December 11, 2009

Matrix service day

I have planned to spend to whole evening to have the Matrix service at E-kar Jln 222. You see..everything was place at the back seat...the ATF fluid for the power steering, petrol filter, spark plug and brake pad.


However...the whole plan change once I reach E-kar...as there were too many people. Waited for 2 hours then only my turn...anyway its not E-kar's fault..good business for them as they have many customer. I was then introduce to a Power steering oil flushing and renewal package. Cost RM120.00...hmmm...sound good..so I give it a try.

The product is from Wynn's, come with a flusher and 1L power steering oil. Replacement of power steering oil is at every 30,000km or 1 year...anyway before I use Wynn's product, I have practice to change the power steering oil every year without fail.



After flushing..the power steering resevoir was very clean...I can even see the oil level

A total of 1L oil is use in the process. Now steering also feels good and furthermore I notice zero noise on the power steering pump.


Since the Matrix already 5 years old and this is the 1st time its disc brake pad will have to be replace. No skimming was carried out on the disc rotor. Old brake pad look evenly worn down.




The old brake pad has only a single groove compare to the new pad has 2 groove, this provide faster cooling.


By 6pm they only manage to conduct only 2 out of 4 work task. I will have to pay for another visit..but I plan to do it next year. This time I will bring my notebook as E-kar already install Wifi.

No comments: