Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Tweeter Pods for my Elantra...

I just cant stay quarantine at home for 2 weeks watching dvd's or FB's ... die man if like thats....so I decided to try my hand to diy a tweeter pod and same time replace the old tweeter with a much better tweeter. Buy the way the 1st diy installation as seen below...cable are place on the outside..thinking it will looks sexy and blue tac all over...instead got bashing from my wife and fellow friends too..hu hu...


So here is it...a tennis ball. It cheap...3pcs for RM10 only!

Skinned off the tennis ball..

Then cut to the size of the tweeter based to mount the tweeter..

Round off any sharp edges before mounting the tweeeter and same time using emery paper to sand of the surface. At the rear make a hole for the tweeter cable passage

Then mount the tweeter into the pod . I apply some blue tac to place the tweeter properly in the pod and wrapped with a sound proofing foam on its peripheral


And final result look like this .....


I still use a blue tac to position the tweeter pods, no future intention to permanently fixed to the pillars....I like it being adjustable.

No comments: