Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tweeter pods..another DIY

 I want the tweeter pod to look different...not those common pods you find in the accessory shops or custom design on the A-pillars...its tedious job and expensive. So, I opt for Christmas deco! A can of clear aerosal spray was used, this is to keep the glossy and decoration intact. I applied 2 layer of clear coat and use a hair dryer for quick drying in order to apply the 2nd coat.






It is then hang up to dry for 24 hours..


After 24 hours, its time to bore a hole for the tweeters. Using a hand drill will help to finish the work much faster but must be careful with the speed or else it migh bore thru and injured your hand.




A small hole at the rear for the tweeter cable to pass thru..


Tadaaaaa....the initial placement.


And finally it is place into my car. I still use the blue tac to place the pods but this time with alot less blue tac then before.


Time taken to complete the work: 3 hours. 

No comments: