Sunday, July 10, 2016

Hyundai X20 ( Avante ) 2007-2010 Mass Air Flow ( MAF) Sensor

My X20 begin to act very weird for this couple of month. It's best describe as mentioned below. I thought it was the VVT sensor was dirty, had it clean and the engine run smoothly but the problem repeating again. I even change the VVT sensor..the problem still exist.



After doing some reading, I finally decided to check on the MAF sensor. 

Using a size 10 ring  spanner, I manage to removed the MAF sensor. It was oily and dirty.


Using a small brush and Electro Cleaner, just spray the cleaner generously and lightly brush the sensor. After installing, the engine is back to life as before.

It's a simple task. Should the problem arised, perhaps I should change the MAF sensor as the car already 9 years old...wear and tear beginning to show.




No comments: