Saturday, March 9, 2019

Brake switch of Hyundai Elantra 2.0

Two days ago, the brake light refuse to turn off even after the ignition key was removed. I have suspected the brake switch as this is not the 1st time even happened..this would be the 2nd time and from my other ride ..the solution is to replace the brake switch.

So, I bought a new brake switch, cost me RM35..not that expensive. Below is the old brake switch.



And to my surprised, after replacing the brake switch , the brake light did not turn off...how is that possible !! Then again I check and discover, on the brake lever, there is hole. Usually this is solid metal without any hole. I begin to find small rubber pieces on the flooring. This I assume there is a rubber insert...oh dear, why Hyundai make such design.


As a replacement, I place a small bolt and nut. I tested the old brake switch, it's working, but since I have bought a new one's better to change it and keep the old switch as spare.



No labour cost as this is DIY.

No comments: