Sunday, September 28, 2008

My 4 hours at Amoi Siam shop today

My Matrix HID has been giving problem for few months already....the HID bulb on the passenger side some time fail to ignite and some time OK. And sometime the high and low HID beam don't work. So today I took the chance to check what when wrong doing a simple DIY...exchange the bulb to check if the bulb is defective..found both bulb are OK..meaning the ballast is giving the problem. That makes me confident to claim for warranty today and off I went to Amoi Siam on about 1030am.

The trouble shooting takes long procedure, at last confirm the relay for high/low beam faulty plus both HID bulb high/low also faulty.The bulb is not under warranty but the relay and ballast plus the fuses are covered under warranty.So I decided just change the relay only. Changing the bulb will set me RM250.00... I also request the hight beam to be cancel since the Matrix are use during the night...not like before I use it to travel balik kampung...

Here is how the HID bulb high low bulb worked. There is a spring underneath to place it at default position. During high beam,the magnetic coil will energised and pull down the bulb..see my finger have to push down that shaft.



When the magnetic coil is de-energised, the spring will push up the bulb...this change the beam to HID low beam...see the length of the shaft as increase.



Other than that...I saw a US WRANGLER JEEP...came in..doing some upgrading to its ICE and installing a side mirror with LED...must have been ordered from US. Any how the owner has these set of large rims.....can even hangs an umbrella!!!


There is also a Toyota Harrier installing ICE plus some nice lcd head rest.


The Toyota Harrier door is also covered with plastic compare to Hyundai Elantra X20! Anyway the owner want the replace the side speaker for better sound quality.




Not far...there is this Proton Waja...installing body kit. To my surprised... SKYLINE front bumper is use to replace the OEM bumper! See to believe...its RM300.00 for the bumper.

























No comments: