Sunday, February 8, 2009

A new Boshmann subwoofer speaker !!

My old Alpine SWD-2000 active subwoofer speaker gave up after 3 year in service. I know you can glue it..but..well after 3 years..better look for better speaker right.


I have been in - out few shops searching for an 8 inch subwoofer speakers and most retailer says 8 inch subs are very difficult to get as mostly available in the market are 10 inch and above. Even Alpine has stop producing 8 inch speaker.

So today I just try my luck at a shop in Danau Kota..an authorize Alpine retailer. So happen he has an 8 inch subwoofer BM Boschmann with double magnet and single coil..looks good..RM280 per piece...hey not bad right!..if you ask me what is "double magnet"...the magnet at based of the speaker..normally 1 pc but instead it comes with 2 pcs..the seller say..its like having 2pcs subwoofer...thats sound powerful..right!..for just RM280. They also have single magnet and single coil subwoofer from the same brand...its all depends weather my Alpine SWD-2000 can fit in or not.

How unfortunate... I have to opt for BM Boschmann single magnet and single coil but any how its far better than the old speaker.




BM Boschmann V-8MT spec:

Instantaneous maximum input: 300W, Rated Input: 150W, Frequency response: 40 ~ 2000Hz, sound pressure level: 93dB, Impedance: 4Ω, Weight: 2.5kg

Old subwoofer speaker spec:

• 350W Peak Power• Frequency Response: 50Hz-200Hz (-24dB/oct.)• 8" (20cm) Cone Woofer

Getting ready to install the new speakers....the new speaker has 8 screw holes compare to the old speaker that has only 6 screw holes....small problem..make additional more holes lah!




Completed and assembled at the back seat of my Hyundai Matrix! The cost..RM120.00


This is the box...looks old but I think the seller has been keeping this item for quiet sometime as I have difficult time searching for this product over the internet and even on its own website.

Anyway let see how long does this RM120.00 subwoofer speaker can last and Im happy to retained the original subwoofer box..

No comments: