Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Robbery

I would like to share this incident that happened to my friend. He was driving the Hyundai X20.

***************************************************************************


Hi all,Here is a scary experience I encountered last week Thursday night at about 11pm. My wife and me was on our way home after our band practice and suddenly a bike hit me on the left side while I was turning left up the fly-over from Mines shopping mall heading towards to South City Plaza, Seri Kembangan. The bike was carrying two people, husband and wife and after hitting me they briefly lost control of the bike but managed stop completely at the side of the road without falling. I stopped for a while to make sure no one fell off and then I moved forward a little to stop by the side as there were many cars coming from my rear, I could see the rider swearing at me when I moved forward a little to stop properly. I got down and checked my car and could not really see the damage on my X20 as it was dark. The rider came towards me with his wife following behind and immediately started shouting at me and accusing me of hitting him. I was shocked as I did not intentionally hit him and at the same time I was turning left carefully and slowly and he was not in front of me nor at the side of me. I feel he was overtaking me on the left side by speeding through and hence he hit me. Anyway.. correct me if I am wrong, if you want to overtake anyone, whether it is bike or car it should be on the right side… correct?Well, I tried justifying myself to him but my anger increased as he was not talking sense… at that time I smell alcohol from his breath and he was getting really violent and he nearly took a swing with his helmet on me… I quickly calmed down and let him scold me. Then he told me to call my ‘tai kor’ of the area and I told him I don’t have one. He said he has called his friends already…. So I told him that since your bike is damage and my car is damaged then let’s settle it individually.. he then raised his voice again saying whether I want to settle this long or short (I think what he meant is whether I want it the hard way or the easy way) So I said, “how much you want?” he told me RM200. I then quickly stalled and started looking around and I asked him to start his bike to make sure that it is damage but he refused to do it saying it is not working anymore…. Next thing I know, 10 bikes came and surround us. At this point I realized I am dealing with Rempits!!!! (Bike Gangsters) … immediately one of this biker (also with alcohol influence) came at me with his helmet shouting that I hit his friend and immediately I shouted at his friend that this is not your problem, it is between me and him… so immediately the biker calm down but still shouting and threatening to whack my X20 windows…. At this point I was scared but angry as this whole incident was not my fault and I am at a disadvantage situation. I was also concern for my wife safety as she was inside the car panicking…. Also I told myself not to anger them or make the first move or else they have the green light to whack me… Then I decided to give whatever I have to the guy and I showed him I had only RM80… immediately the guy ask me to go to the nearest ATM to take money and said he will follow me in the car. Damn!! This not good … so I continue to stall them and asked my wife for some extra cash.. thank goodness my wife had another RM150.. so I reluctantly gave it to the guy… and then I forced myself to give that guy a handshake… and a stupid pat on his back and warned him not to use the money on alcohol or drugs…After that.. all the bikes left and I quickly got into my car and drove off. Well, a lesson I learned during this ordeal, I could have won that night battle without paying anything by going straight to the police but these guys would track my car on another day and whack me and the car… so… I felt that I don’t have enough security with the police… hence I decided to forgo RM200…

No comments: