Monday, June 1, 2009

Isuzu D-max

This pick-up was park at the Amcorb Mall lobby today. So I took chance on having a really a good look on its engine...its a diesel engine. All photos taken with my hand phone camera...


The massive engine cover painted in gold colour. The ECU is located just beside the air box on the left. Engine layout is just average. Its air box is huge.

The engine oil dip stick...is quite a distance to reach and the ATF dip stick is further in and hidden abit.


This is the ECU...front view.

The ECU..rear view. I don't see any cooling fins...


This is the turbo unit. The red arrow shows the direction of the exhaust gas. The turbo unit is very small in deed..its bolted directly to the exhaust manifold. I'm looking forward for this type of turbo unit and hope one day I can fit into my Hyundai X20...The Isuzu turbo unit can easily be seen and there are space to work around the turbo unit. Nothing is welded to the turbo unit..all are screw in so makes dissable work much easier.

This is the intercooler.... located just behind the front grill.

This Isuzu D-max is 3.0L diesel...road tax is only RM1,400 for private registration.

No comments: