Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Elantra Open Pod Filter Replacement

The old open pod filter is history...well actually I felt the engine dont run quite smoothly..kindda lazy..as well I found the suction noise from the filter during idle is getting lesser and lesser... I suspected the filter must be dirty..high time to clean them!. But to clean them..it would be better I have a spare unit ready as I plan to clean the old filter at my regular workshop by using compressed air.


After removing the filter for inspection, I found a hole on the filter. Must have touch somewhere sharp during my installation and after a while it gets bigger.

I have prepare a replacement filter..stainless steel air filter. Same design as the old filter and its washable. Bought this filter at Kakimoto Sunway for RM150.00.

The end result...marvellous!!!...the engine was responsive again and the noise from the stainless steel filter during high speed..sounds like you're using original filter.

No comments: