Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hyundai Matrix Soundproof

I have installed soundproof foam a few years back. That time I used a non-self adhesive foam and apply a double sided tape just to cut cost.But cost cutting has cost me dearly...the installation did not last as expected. The foam sheets collapes as seen below. No idea how long it lasted..maybe 24 hours or only 1 year!






With some extra sheets self adhesive insulflex left over, I apply it again on all the 4 doors. This should really stick them properly.

All door panels are covered with foam sheet applied in the earlier installation. No issue about them.
At the same time check my speakers..hmmm...does looks ok after 5 years of blasting!! No peeling or cracks. However the speaker cables..whole system needs to be upgrade...thinking of Mogami cables!


2 comments:

David Tan said...

HI, did you use raammat for your Matrix sound proofing? How is the quality of the mat?

Ritzzuan said...

Nope...I apply only insulflex... actually its not bad all. You can find many selling them in lowyat.com.my.