Wednesday, June 25, 2014

After 9 years...my Hyundai Matrix Alternator says...Good Bye!!

With over 140,000km, the voltage meter seems to show some abnormal reading. The charging current of the alternator drop from 13.9 volt to 11.2 volt! I know something is wrong..it could be the alternator. Check the battery voltage, its healthy at 12.9volt. At the same time battery indicator and brake indicator light up on front dashboard! From here I was very sure..the alternator is dying slowly.

Quickly I got on the phone with my regular mechanic to source for the original alternator. The original maker is Valeo and we manage to get the alternator...everything fits in nicely.




I brought back the old alternator for servicing and perhaps sell it off.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was close. Once you detect something wrong with your car, it's best to consult a mechanic on what to do. It's better than having something go wrong in a middle of a road trip. Anyway, it's good to see you've resolved this problem. Drive safely!

Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai

Ritzzuan said...

Yeah..this is something that I do not want to experience..stuck in no where and later pay more for towing. Plan to refurbish the old alternator and keep it as spare for my Elantra HD.

MOHAMMED SAYEED said...

How much did the new original Alternator cost you ? Also any suggestion on finding the Matrix 1.6 Original muffler?