Monday, May 25, 2020

Elantra 2008 oil change at 206,182 km

This time I will be using a semi synthetic engine oil from Shell as the mileage is over 200k km. The same engine oil I'm using for my Hyundai Matrix. This oil change interval would be 8000km.


The oil filter, I'm using Trasko oil filter since 2008. Overall its a good filter for both my Hyundai's. My Dad did use this filter for his Honda Accord many years ago..he too was very satisfied. Bought quite alot of the element from US, that time the exchange rate very good. I still have stock of the element for couple of years !




Here is the fresh engine oil, Shell Helix 10W-40 High Mileage. Then I also pour in the X-1R Engine oil treatment.


This oil treatment has once saved my engine while running dry. It has proven and I will continue using it.


Finally a clean oil into the sump tank. My car was in an incline position so the level did not show F, anyway I have recheck on a flat surface, the oil level is good.

No comments: