Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hyundai Matrix Timing Belt( Update)

On Saturday morning 15/11/08, I send my Matrix to Hyundai SC at Jln 222. I reached there about 8.30am and about 30 min later they start working on my car. I brought my own spares and to my surprise, the supervisor check the parts I brought in and claims my timing belt is fake but the bearing and tensioner is OK. Surprise to hear it, so decided to make comparison and found their original belt and my spare timing belt are the same but having less marking. But I proceed and request them to use the spare I brought.

After the old timing belt was removed..another surprise struck in. The old timing belt from my Matrix is having the same marking as per my own spares I brought in....so who is telling truth. I call the surpervisor and show it to him...he was really surprise. So end up we conclude.. both are original. I hardly can't believe my timing belt is fake as I bought it from a Hyundai Spare Parts Distributor in Jln Ipoh. If its all the while is fake..for sure this distributor will be in hot soup long long time go.

The timing belt should have markings such as Gates,Power Grip,HTD,Hyundai and belt no as seen below.


Also found the timing belt cover damage, perhaps happen during last year when the aircond belt tensioner drop out and sheer of the cover...luckily did not hit the timing belt.

I also change the power steering fluid as found some noise develope on the pump...after change the fluid..no more noise!..will have to keep in view on this power steering pump. The aircond, power steering and alternator belt was replace with my own spare worth RM58.00. So the expenses touch

1. Aftf fluid for power steering = RM47.60
2. Timing belt cover = RM48.45
3. Windscreen cleaner = RM6.00
4. Labour to renew timing belt = RM160.00
5. Labour to renew power steering fluid = RM30.00
6. Timing belt kit = RM 160.00
7. Air cond, power steering and alternator belt = RM 58.00

Total = RM 510.05

Since I brought in my own timing belt..that is why the labour they charge RM160.00 or else its only RM80.00 if we use their timing belt. Their timing belt alone was RM348.00. Anyway Im greatful they explain to me.

2 comments:

Ahmad said...

I also drive 1.6 Hyundai Matrix,this Hyundai Spare Parts Distributor in Jln Ipoh where you bought your Hyundai Matrix timing belt,please give me the tel no, thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Bro, hope you could post similar topic for X20. Thanks.