Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ipad/iphone/ipod touch docking station.

I was amazed by what this docking station is capable off..charge my ipad, having usb 2.0 hub and it also comes with a multi-card reader.... https://www.photofast.com.tw/HardWareOrder/iPADock_Design.html. For RM249.00 the seller agree to include a usb extension cable worth RM13.00 for free.

This is the box...there is no manual on how to install it and where the cable should go etc. That is where I got pissed off! And there is no warranty card...only shop warranty for 6 month!


I thought the built-in card reader hub will eliminate the need for Camera Connection kit and how wrong was I...the usb hub is only to transfer files to your computer NOT to the Ipad! There is no link between the memory card reader hub with the Ipad usb connector. There is an empty slot to place the Ipad Camera Connection kit, just to make sure that we wont missed place them..nothing special! This is where I feel...dammed me for paying for an overprice piece of gadget!



The plus point about this docking station, that it is made of good quality white plastic and the cables provided are all made of good quality. It can charge the Ipad, iphone and ipod touch in a single docking station.

To fully utilize my over price piece of gadget:

1. Connect it with another usb multi-card reader having longer cables, so I wont need to turn the docking station to insert any memory card.
2. Data cable is connected to another external 7 point usb hub for faster data transfer.
3. A male-female usb extension cable is connected to the rear of the docking station, so I wont need to insert any usb thumb drive at the rear of the docking station any longer.






No comments: