Friday, April 3, 2015

Good bye antenna

My Elantra X20 2007 ( some call it Avante ) already 8 years old. Since last year I begin to notice the rubber on the antenna has cracked but still holding together..my hope that it won't leak everytime I wash my car. Very difficult to get the same rubber and require to modify ( which I'm not in favour).


As the day goes by, I decided to have solved the problem once and for all. No more worries of crack antenna rubber. So I removed the rubber and the antenna. Patch it with a electrical tape while waiting for the right day to send for repainting.

  


The rear tail light will have to be removed, before the antenna hole is sealed by gas welding. Paint over with the same as the original. Job completed in 2 days.


And finally...its a clean swipe..easy to wax and polish. The antenna hole is history.







5 comments:

Unknown said...

can i know what is the cost of covering antenna hole? Same car but just 4 years and antenna rubber and antenna socket rubber started to peel off. Thinking of install shark fin antenna.

Ritzzuan said...

Hi John, it cost me RM300 for the complete job.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Bro,
buat kat mana? share contact number workshop tu please

Ritzzuan said...

I lost their receipt and contact details. Anyway its fairly easy to locate the shop...its behind Petronas Batu Caves (beside Giant Hypermarket Batu Caves). If you drive thru Petronas, at the exit you can see the shop.