Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The unexpected event of my Hyundai Matrix

Sometime's after careful planing and thought that we have made a good decision..save  $$$$ due to the incoming GST of 6% in Malaysia that joy is just short term basis. It feel's terrible.

This is what happened to me last week. My wife called up saying the matrix high temperature and the it can't start. Furthermore she spotted a leak near the gearbox. Luckily she manage to drive slowly to a nearby petrol stations. I suspect the big coolant hose need to be replace as its already being 10 years and never change even once.

So I bought the coolant hoses, thinking I could removed it DIY but at that moment  it was raining ..very difficult situation to do any DIY. Slowly I drove my matrix to my regular workshop and my mechanic found out the radiator is cracked..oh well its already 10 year old MPV and never once the radiator being replace. Further check and considering the aged of it, decided to also change the thermostat, coolant hoses, front brake pads, brake fluid cover,cylinder cover gasket, gear oil and engine oil change.

New radiator inbox.




Old Coolant Hose



New radiator fitted in


Old front brake pad replaced with new one's

\

With GST kick in..kindda  hard to digest the extra cost

No comments: