Sunday, May 24, 2009

When was the last time you check your Aircond cabin filter?

I made the habit of changing the cabin filter every year ever since I use Hyundai Matrix. Is cheap RM55 only..so its a small investment for a better quality air. Same goes to my Hyundai Elantra X20...its already more than 1 year now..so I decided to check the condition of the filter...my surprised..the filter is different than my Matrix.... its smaller and have 2pcs.

Lowered the gloved compartment and you will find this cover and removed them



This is how dirty it is....


Compare with the new filter..... even my 2 year old girl can tell its dirty.. so better change them.


For a mere RM75.00...its a small investment rather than I get sick inhaling from a dirty air filter.

Do take note, other than for health, it also good for your aircond system. Replacement of the filter will provide cleaner air and less likely the cooling coil will get dirty over the years of usage. Once the cooling coil get dirty due to poor maintenance..no matter how many time you change the cabin filter..the cooling effect will be very poor. So do take the initiative to change the cabin filter before all this problem start to happen.

3 comments:

zekehana said...

Hah.. good reminder. need to check mine as well.

StevenChen said...

Yeah....good reminder. Need to check mine too. Not sure if our 'airline' selling Bosch brand for our ride.

Mliven said...

zuan, good stuff and i check the same for mine.