Wednesday, August 13, 2008

24 Hour Test Drive a Volvo

It was way back year 2004 and at that time I just received an RHB credit card.

A week later I received an invitaion to test drive a Volvo for 24 hours
without any obligation. I took the offer immediately.

Well during that time I was driving my Proton Tiara..oh..what the heck...
nothing to loose driving a Volvo for 24 hours.

On that faithfull day.... I was at Swedish Marque Jln Sungai Besi...there was
the SUV Volvo XC90 2.5Turbo, XC90 3.0 Twin turbo and S80 2.0Turbo...
so I choose the Volvo XC90 2.5Turbo as the 3.0 Twin turbo already out on
test drive.


What surprises me they give me COMPLEMENTARY FULL TANK PETROL and the Volvo XC90 was clean without any sticker displaying its a TEST DRIVE CAR.

It comes with a valid roadtax as well.

What to do within 24 hours and a full tank of petrol?

I call my wife..and we prepare to balik kampung to Ipoh. That is 205km away from Kuala Lumpur. Load all our luggage into the XC90...truely I felt the XC90 is mined. The feeling of being a rich guy was present and you know the way people look at you driving a sparkling new SUV....furthermore its a Volvo..an unforgetable attention.



There are so many buttons on the dash board..GOD...I manage to find the radio/CD button and I brought along my favourite CD's....the sound system was superb.

It have 3 row of seat and the rear seat was fold down to accomodate our luggage plus the children really enjoy
the spaciousness.

See me standing possing with " my Volvo"













Can you see my maroon Proton Tiara..beside is "my Volvo".

It was a day to cherish..24 hours is like a dream.
Now..how does XC90 2.5T with 240hp felt on the road....dammed fast SUV.

The throttle response was immediate and driving uphill was a brisk.Overtaking was also fast but I cant tell you how fast I did..he he.


Was the FULL TANK OF PETROL enought? Well sadly to say...it wasn't enought for the whole journey, I still have to top up about RM10.00 petrol on my way back

On the following day,I have to return the Volvo XC90 back to Swedish Marque...that was very sad ending. I cant afford such an expensive SUV but the experience was valuable.


I still keep the invitation card as
a remembrance of this wonderful
24 hours test drive on a Volvo XC90.






















4 comments:

Raja Suriati Binti Raja Sulaiman said...

good luck bro as a blogger..

Ritzzuan said...

well thanks...Im still green in blogging ni..need time getting use to it.

TriStupe said...

gila la...dapat test drive free.
:)

somemore got paltinum card...better becareful, nanti kena kidnap.

Ritzzuan said...

Hey stupe...thanks for coming...I tell you...I love every moment driving that SUV!!!..